7 Night Bordeaux, Vineyards & Châteaux River Cruise
Discover the proud legacy of one of the world’s most acclaimed wine regions onboard a ship where luxury meets river cruising.
From its noble châteaux to its breathtaking estuary, Bordeaux is an oenophile’s paradise and every traveler’s dream. Sail three stunning rivers—the Garonne, the Dordogne and the Gironde—on one amazing journey. Savor the unique heritage of southwest France, from delightful Pauillac, the gateway to the storied Médoc wine route, to elegant Bordeaux, the “Pearl of the Aquitaine,” as the region is also known. Explore Saint-Émilion’s astonishing 12th-century Monolithic Church, and enjoy the beautiful Médoc vineyards on a bicycle.
Throughout your journey, you’ll be treated to a grand display of culinary magic. Taste regional delights and delve deeply into the region’s exalted wines. Taste lovely Médoc vintages; visit the cellars of Premier Grand Cru in Saint-Émilion, where you’ll savor the world’s most highly rated wines; and embark upon a study of Sauternes, meeting the winemakers and enjoying a wine-pairing lunch at Château de Cazeneuve. Discover the douceur de vivre (sweet life) for which this region is known.
This cruise is perfect for nature lovers and those interested in epicurean pursuits, winemaking (and tasting!) and culture.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients.
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners.
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water.
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts.
- Guided “Do as the Locals Do,” “Village Day,” “Go Active” and “Gentle.
- Walking” programs.
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audioheadset system on all excursions.
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks.
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the breathtaking River Royale.
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options.
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access.
- 1 country: France
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Captivating onboard local entertainment.
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: "Aquitaine: Three Rivers, One Ocean and a Unique Land".
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager.
- All transfers on arrival and departure days.
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
by Romario Fitzgerald
in River or Ocean Cruises