a guide to healthy heart living
Living well with heart disease
Cardiology, endocrinology, rehab AND psychology
September 24 - October 8, 2016
Roundtrip Rome Italy
14 Night Mediterranean & Israel CME Cruise
Travel with experience
With 18 years of service and providing over 250 medical & dental cruise conferences, Sea Courses will ensure you have the best experience at sea.
Our team of travel consultants and conference designers …
- are very knowledgeable about cruising;
- partner with cruise lines committed to offering excellent service and value;
- select world-renowned faculty sharing innovative and cutting-edge CME;
- and sail to destinations that allow you to discover the world.
Celebrity Cruises - Celebrity Silhouette
Welcome aboard Celebrity Silhouette with her new, "Solsticized" sense of style and excitement. Relax in her spa-inspired Aqua-class staterooms featuring exclusive access to Blu, a delicious Mediterranean focused "clean cuisine" restaurant. Keep in touch at the hip Celebrity iLounge where you can participate in the iLearn enrichment series or pick up the latest high-tech wonder from the first Apple Reseller at Sea. Enjoy sweet or savory crepes at Bistro on Five. And get ready to have a uniquely unordinary dinner at the innovative Qsine specialty restaurant, where you order from an iPad. Finish with a chilled Peartini at the ice-topped Martini Bar. Celebrity Infinity will make the most of your precious vacation days. Ready to be impressed? Fantastic.
Sea Courses' Port Report provides a wealth of information regarding your ports of call. From a historical synopsis, to a description of the best sights, to a list of the best shopping, you’ll have an insider’s knowledge of each destination. We include travel tips regarding currency exchange, local transportation and some do’s and don'ts to ensure your trip is safe and without incident. This will be forwarded to you prior to departure.
INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
To receive the full conference brochure with information including current promotions and pricing submit the 'Information Request' form at this link or scroll to the bottom of this web page.
Conference sessions are schedule to avoid conflict
with time in ports and shore excursions.
· Heart failure in 2016
· Who to refer for stress testing: ECG, Nuclear and PET?
· Cardiac Imaging: Echo, CT & MR—Selection, methodology, & Interpretation
· Cardiac Medications
· Office Cardiology– Fitness to drive, pre-op assessment
· Workshop: Dyspnea– Is this heart failure?
· Anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation 2016
· Atrial Fibrillation– Rhythm or rate control, and how much is too much
· How to investigate and treat palpitations
· Syncope: When to worry!
· Caring for the pacemaker and ICD patient
· Workshop: ECG Quiz
· Percutaneous procedures– LAA, PFO/ASD closure, TAVI, MV clip, valvotomy
· Medical therapy versus revascularization for stable angina
· Management of the post PCI and CABG patient
· Timing of valve intervention
· Management of acute coronary syndromes—NSTEMI and STEMI
· Workshop: Patients with acute chest pain
· New concepts and treatments of dyslipidemia
· Getting it off—what’s new with weight reduction strategies!
· Combining insulin with other antihyperglycemic agents
· Are they really worth it. New Insulins for management of type 2 diabetes
· Are we putting patients at risk—Cardiovascular effects of hypoglycemia?
· Workshop: Patient-centered management of type 2 diabetes: A focus on the newer antihyperglycemic agents
Cardiac Rehab & Psychology
· The role of the mind in heart disease
· The ins and outs of sexual function– risk and treatment options
· Helping all smokers quit– behavioral and pharmacological strategies
· The cost of caring: self-care & mindfulness for health care professionals
· Dealing with difficult patients
· Workshop: Simulating lifestyle changes that will last. Motivational
interviewing and interventions
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for 30.25 credits. This program has also been accredited for up to 30.25 Mainpro-M1 credits. This program has been reviewed and approved by the University of Ottawa, Office of Continuing Professional Development.
Cette activité est une activité de formation collective agréée aux termes de la section 1 du programme de Maintien du certificat du Collège royal des médecins et chirurgiens du Canada pour 30,25 crédits. Ce programme donne droit aussi jusqu’à 30,25 crédits Mainpro-M1. Ce programme a été révisé et approuvé par le Bureau du développement professionnel continu de l’Université d’Ottawa.
In order to provide unbiased education this CME conference
has not received any pharmaceutical industry sponsorship
Jean-Francois Marquis, MD, FRCPC
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive our complimentary e-newsletter featuring updates on conferences, new promotions, and announcement of new cruise conferences. An unsubscribe option is available on each issue should you wish to no longer receive the e-newsletter.