Polynesian CME pearls
endocrinology and dermatology
On this two-week cruise, you'll first call on the Tuamotus Islands, specifically Fakarava. This atoll is commonly known for its pristine beaches, rare wildlife, and exceptional diving. Next, explore the mist-covered Marquesas, where you'll discover the islands of Fatu Hiva, Hiva Oa, Tahuata, and Nuku Hiva. On these wild islands you'll find waterfalls, wild stallions, tiki sculptures, and an arboretum, among other delights. More enjoyment awaits in the Society Islands, calling on lush Huahine, breathtaking Bora Bora, Taha'a (Motu Mahana), our own private motu, and a day at spectacular Moorea.
November 19 - December 03, 2016, 2016
Marquesas, Tuamotus, Society Islands & Tahiti
14 Night CME Cruise
Paul Gauguin Cruises - m/s Paul Gauguin
Travel with experience
With 18 years of service and providing over 250 medical & dental cruise conferences, Sea Courses will ensure you have the best experience at sea.
Our team of travel consultants and conference designers …
- are very knowledgeable about cruising;
- partner with cruise lines committed to offering excellent service and value;
- select world-renowned faculty sharing innovative and cutting-edge CME;
- and sail to destinations that allow you to discover the world.
Paul Gauguin Cruises - m/s Paul Gauguin
The m/s Paul Gauguin was designed specifically to sail the shallow seas of Tahiti, French Polynesia, and Southeast Asia visiting small ports that larger ships can't reach and effortlessly blending into the stunning natural beauty of the South Seas. She offers an extension of the informal, relaxing environment of the islands, coupled with five-star service, comfort, and luxury. Spacious suites and staterooms (more than 70% with private balconies), an onboard watersports marina, a choice of three open-seating dining venues, and an extensive spa are among her luxurious attributes. The atmosphere aboard the ship radiates warmth, informality, and Polynesian flair. And our beloved troupe of Gauguines—local Tahitians who serve as cruise staff, entertainers, and storytellers—add the unique personality of Tahiti to every cruise. >> read more
INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
To receive the full conference brochure with information including current promotions and pricing submit the 'Information Request' form at this link or scroll to the bottom of this web page.
· Approach to Thyroid Dysfunction
· Approach to Thyroid Nodules
· Insulin 101: When, How, and What Insulin
· What comes after Metformin?
· The 10-minute diabetes visit: Organization of care
· Approach to Oligomenorrhea and Hirsutism
· Dyslipidemia Pearls
· Diabetes in women
· Approach to adrenal incidentaloma
· Approach to pituitary incidentaloma
· Approach to leg ulcers
· Approach to the diabetic foot
· Approach to pruritis
· Leg ulcers quiz
· Drug Eruptions
· Lupus Erythematosus
· Leg edema and its grave consequences
Conference is conducted in English. Dr. Brassard is bilingual [EN / FR] and
will answer questions in either language.
Conference sessions are schedule to avoid conflict with time in ports and shore excursions. On June 14 & June 16 CME sessions will take place during a portion of time in port.
This program meets the accreditation criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 24.00 MainPro M1 credits. This program qualifies as an Accredited Group Learning Activity Section 1, Maintenance of Certification of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for 24.00 hours. Members of American Academy of Family Physicians are eligible to receive 24.00 AAFP prescribed hours due to a reciprocal agreement with The College of Family Physicians of Canada. The American Medical Association (AMA) accepts the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Prescribed credit as equivalent to 24.00 AMA PRA Category 1TM Credit for the AMA Physician's Recognition Award (PRA).
In order to provide unbiased education this CME conference has not received any pharmaceutical industry sponsorship
Sea Courses has arranged a private lecture with Dr. Mark Eddowes especially for our guests. Dr. Eddowes has captivated guests of the m/s Paul Gauguin with fascinating tales of French Polynesia’s storied past, sharing his wealth of knowledge through lectures that that range from “The Cult of the Tiki” and “The Ancient Culture of the Marquesas Islands” to the real story of the Mutiny on the Bounty. These lectures are often cited as a highlight by our guests.
Find out more on Dr. Mark Eddowes by clicking >> HERE
Alice Cheng, MD, FRCPC
· Member of the Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism at Trillium
· Health Partners and St. Michaels Hospital in Toronto, ON
· Associate professor, Dept of Medicine at University of Toronto
· Extensively involved in guidelines development, serving on the ‘03 and ‘08 Canadian Diabetes · Association Clinical practice guidelines
· Served as Chair of the 2013 CDA guidelines
· Passionate about CME and received a certificate of recognition from the Ontario College of Family · Physicians for contributions to diabetes care and family practice.
Alain Brassard, MD FRCPC Edmonton AB
· Graduated from Medicine at Laval University and Dermatology at McGill University
· Served as clinical lecturer at University of Montreal (1989 – 2000)
· Served as visiting professor at Memorial University (1989 – 1993)
· Assistant Professor of Medicine & Dermatology at McGill University (2000 – 2007)
· Professor of Medicine & Dermatology at University of Alberta (2007 – current)
· Chair of Examination Board for Dermatology (2011 - 2015)
· Chair elect (2015-2016) of the Specialty Committee for the Royal College of Physicians
and Surgeons of Canada
· Special interest in wound healing, autoimmune connective tissue diseases, medical education
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive our complimentary e-newsletter featuring updates on conferences, new promotions, and announcement of new cruise conferences. An unsubscribe option is available on each issue should you wish to no longer receive the e-newsletter.